CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 23, 2005

Growing and Dieing

So over the last month or so I have been receiving MSN messages asking, "What's up with your blog spot". I usually responded with, "it wasn't fulfilling its purpose so I trashed it". However, the requests have still been coming, so I have decided to resurrect this cyber valley of dry bones. To everyone I say, "You've brought this upon yourself"?

This past weekend our youth group went to May Rally and during one of the rallies I got nostalgic. I thought back to years ago when I was a teen and how I would stand in similar rallies with my hands raised and my heart humbled. There was a genuine contrite spirit that pleaded before the Lord to be made holy, with full anticipation that he would do it.
Fast forwarding to this weekend I began to ask myself this question, "What happened to your childlike faith"?

As we "grow up" it seems we build a callousness around our hearts and a cynicism around our minds, all to protect "US". Our faith has shrunk from a mustard seed to an atom. The God we once praised for being able to conquer death and shake the foundations of the earth, we no longer feel safe to give our heart's desires to. We chain the Lion of Judah to our realm of understanding . YHWH has become a security blanket. We no longer, rely on the Bread of Life for our daily bread. Warm fuzzies he can give us, but we need to take care of our real needs.

"When did growing up turn into our faith dieing"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad the blog is back! i have nothing to say yet, because my mind is on vacation, but i will...
welcome back!

matthew said...

I too am glad it's back :)