CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

HomoSEXuality Sells

Yesterday, I was doin' my usual newspaper reading, in the usual spot, and as I sat there I began to fume with what I hope was righteous indignation. The largest headline read in huge bold font, "NDP elect Lesbian Leader". I think that's an exact quote, my vision may have been blurred by rage. It wasn't just the title that bothered me, it was the caption alongside it. The new leader stood between her mentally delayed son and some "older lady".

It was the blatant advocation of sin by the NDP party that initially provoked my anger. Then the caption seemed so phony, pushed me dug a little deeper as she pavarotsically prostituted her son. Then there was the media who took the opportunity to try and instigate a fight.The gay and lesbian community screams for equal and human rights, while the media is encourage to take every opportunity to Fly the rainbow flag. What is so equal about allowing one's sexuality to define them? It seems to be selling a lifestyle rather than equality.

As Canada etches out her path to Sodom, I wonder how long we'll allow ourselves to be drug along like passive resistant asses. If we would stop allowing our fear of being perceived as self-righteous and intolerant to silence us, would we be able to delay our countries deprivation?

0 comments: