CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 30, 2005

Hangin' up the gloves

After perhaps the main event of the night, I have decided to hang up my gloves! Most of you know about my playful aggressive nature and for the most part this has always been more play than aggressive.

Well, at youth on Friday we were having the Amazin' Race, not the Amazing Race, for copyright infringement purposes, and we recruited some extra volunteers to run events. So before anything started I was upstairs talking to some people when I got jokingly jumped by one of the volunteers. We wrestled, I got some carpet burn, but everything seemed normal so I went on my merry way and talked to some parents before goin' back inside to check on the teens. When I went back inside the teens came running downstairs to tell me one of the leaders had broken another leader's nose.

I ran upstairs and see a pool of blood on the carpet and the involved parties trailing off to the bathroom. I follow them and eventually get the 411, so to speak, of what went down. When I was wrestling with one of the leaders I had given him a concussion, he has a history of them, and was feeling dizzy. What made things worse is the other leader had come in, not knowing about the dizziness, and jumped on the back of the leader, who has the concussion. The leader with the concussion, lifts the other leader above his head and begins to spin. He looses his footing and trying to put the other guy down, drops him on his face, breaking his nose.

Seeing all the damage I've caused just by wrestling, I am going to attempt to hang up my fighting gloves.

6 comments:

matthew said...

well...you had a good run. Enjoy your retirement.

Anonymous said...

i give you about 2 days before you come out of retirement. pansy.

(see? you're already ripping those gloves down!)

Dancin' said...

I did say "attempt" there could be unforeseen circumstances that qould require me to take the gloves down, such as being called a pansy. Of course, that wouldn't really require me taking the gloves down as much as putting the boots on. I think that'd just be a good old can kickin'.

Dancin' said...

All leaders are fully recovered. We actually just got back from rocking it out @ a concert.

Dancin' said...

BTW, I'd like to thank Judas for returning to the fold. If you're are wondering if you are Judas..You're not. JUdas knows who they are!

Robin said...

Wow, Dave... Wow.