CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 10, 2005

For Narnia!!


I recently watched Chronicles of Narnia and here are a few symbolic things to remember from the book to make your viewing more memborable.

Symbolism
Aslan = Christ
Aslan's breathe = Breath of life
Deep Magic = The Law
Lamp Post = beginning of spiritual journey
Stone Table = Temple Curtain
Turkish Delight = The lure of sin
Wardrobe = entrance into spiritual realm
Winter = Adamic Depravity/Reign of Sin
Witch = Satan
Witch's Staff = Death

I'm sure there is more symbolism that I missed so feel free to share with me others. I'm going to see it 2 more times so I'd love to have new stuff to think about as I watch it.


(http://www.canmag.com/images/front/lap/narnia.jpg)

4 comments:

Jo said...

Hey Dave,
Glad you liked it. I'm wondering, do you remember if they incorporated the "he's not safe, but he's good" line? I'm just curious. I haven't seen it yet myself.
Blessings.

Dancin' said...

Jo, it's perhaps my favorite line of the whole book and THEY LEFT IT OUT. We might find in the deleted scenes when it hits DVD.
They do allude to it towards the end though.

Mr. Tumnas & Lucy are on the balcony of the palace watching Aslan walk along the shore.
Mr. Tumnas says something to the effect of he'll be back when he's ready to come back, "After all, he's not a tame lion"!

Then Lucy responds with crooked toothed childish smile, "No, but he is good!"

Jo said...

ah! but SOOOO not the same as the context of the book. eeek.

Aaron Perry said...

this is late, but that line is in the LWW. it happens in the beaver's house.