CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Worshipping 2 Goo

By now we have all fallen in love with the Goo Goo Dolls new single, Better Days. I've found there are some pretty spiritual messages in the song. I'm not talking about God is in the trees type spirituality. I'm talking arugeably sound Christian doctrine The chorus goes like this:

So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
And it's someplace simple where we could live
And something only you can give
And thats faith and trust and peace while we're alive
And the one poor child that saved this world
And there's 10 million more who probably could
If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

Driving home from town tonight I let the Goo Goo Dolls lead me in worship as I praised God for the forgiveness he made possible through his son, the one poor child, who saved this world. I also praised him for allowing us to be a part of his plan for salvation, by carrying the message of salvation to others. During this worship session they reminded me I am the only one who can give my faith, trust, and peace. No one else can do these things for me. They are my responsibility to exercise.

Their song reaffirmed the truth I believe and challenged me to fulfill my role in God's plan.

How many worship services can we say do that?

4 comments:

matthew said...

the Western NY native Goo Goo Dolls

Way to represent

Aaron Perry said...

i liked your blog on consumer Christ. that is all. peace, friend

Anonymous said...

what a ridiculous name for a band.

Dancin' said...

"Girly Bum"... what a humilating nickname for a guy