CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Simple Things

(www.http://tsn.ca/cfl/)
I am currently celebrating the Edmonton Eskimos' Grey Cup Win!! For those of you who are anti-CFL... I'll pray for you!

I have been an Eskimos' fan since 1994, and many times I have watched them go to the Grey Cup and, in heart break, the same amount of times lose by a touchdown or less. The one time they won since I've been a fan, I was in Zambia and couldn't even watch a minute of it.

So this year, I made sure I was home to watch the game! They controlled the game early but some how with 2 minutes left they were down by 5. My heart raced, as thoughts of "NOT AGAIN!!" went through my head. Then they scored and went for 2 to go up by 3. The Alouettes, were able to tie it up and send it into Overtime. As I stood hunched over the TV, less 6 inches away, I watched the teams trade points on the first series of Overtime.
The Eskimos were stopped short of a Touchdown on the next series and had to settle for a fieldgoal, and the doubts of not again began to return. However. whne the Alouettes got the ball, the Eskimos' defense stopped the Alouettes cold and on their final down, 3rd and 31, the Alouettes Quartback ran and kicked in desparation, as they came up short. I jumped and quietly screamed (didn't wanna bother the rents).

So all this week, as simple as it may seem. I am going to be celebrating my Edmonton Eskimos' Grey Cup Win!

7 comments:

Steph said...

Dave, you should be proud of me, I watched part of that game.

matthew said...

congrats to the eskimos and their fan

j/k, congrats

Dancin' said...

Steph: I am very proud and if you it made sense to you...I'm REALLY impressed.

Steph said...

actually, after watching football pretty much every Sunday I'm starting to grow an appriciation for the game

Anonymous said...

what's the CFL?

Dancin' said...

Breweer: It's a superior game, with more excitement than you'll ever see in the NFL, with inferior players. Now go to your room!

Jo said...

Eskimos. what a great mascot for a team. i'm likin' it.