CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Big Brotha

Growing up I became a self-appointed Big Brotha for a few girls in the youth group. My responsibilty, as their Big Brotha , was to essentially watch out for them, stick up for them, and give them guidance (some times this came soft and some times not). For 9 years I'd watch out for these girls, whether it be protecting them from guys, or giving permission for guys to date them. Each Sista had their own personality and therefore protection and guidance took on a different appearance for each.

Over the last few years I've had the honor of watching each of marry and begin a life with a new man. Signifying they no longer need me to protect them, or give them guidance. There's a new man, who's closer than any Big Brotha could be. Yesterday, the last of the girls took her husband's hand.

No more littla Sistas, so now what do I do?!

1 comments:

Jason said...

you could become a BIG SISTA....