CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 13, 2006

The How of Submission

A wise professor once told my Doctrine of Holiness class, "The difference between Initial Sanctification (Salvation) and Entire Sanctification (whatever denominational term you wanna insert) is an issue of position. If you know the prof I'm talking about, you also know he made this statement with a great deal of qualifying ones as well. With salvation we come to God as enemies and as a rebel soldier Surrender our arms. In Entire Sanctification we come as slaves and Submit our hearts/wills.

The surrender aspect of this happened 21 years ago for me, the submission aspect seems to be a continual thing. I wouldn't wanna claim I am Entirely Sanctified because God knows, along with many others, there are times my will isn't always submitted to him. Every time I think he has it ALL there's something new he shows me to give over or an area I need to give him more dominion.

Over the last few weeks God's been bringing to my awareness the need to be recognize his sovereignity, and to give him more rulership in my life. The big thing is, he hasn't exactly told me what area or HOW.

As a guy who thinks of things in comparments, to not have a compartment to look at is very challenging. I know what must happen, I just haven't been shown The How.

1 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

that's some good stuff, dancin.