CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Living a Dream

Growing up, every summer I would spend two weeks at Beulah Camp in Brownsflat, N.B. (even though I grew up Baptist). When I was 11 years old, instead of going to the Children's tabernacle for the DVBS, I snuck up the Hill to the Baptist church where the teen services were held. Most of my friends were already going to youth so I forsook the cookies and juice for my Teen service. The next 8 years of camp I would go up the hill, some times on foot, some times by bike, some times in the trunk of a car. Each year we would have a speaker & as I listened some times I would think about how cool it would be to have the chance to speak at Beulah camp.

As I went off to Bible college and began life in ministry this dream became a distant memory. Whenever Beulah would come around I would occasionally help out with the youth service, and running errands or games. Periodically. the dream of speaking would come back, but it was never something I pursued.

This past spring I was talking to the Kool-Aid Kid and I asked about Beulah and just on a whim offered to speak for the week. They ended up needing a speaker so they gave me the gig. This past week I spoke to the teens about God's Epic and how God is writing a story throughout history that we each get to play a part in and it's up to us what role we play. I had a blast, it was quite literally everything I thought it would be and more!!!!

For giving me this chance to live a dream, to the Kool-Aid Kid and the rest of the District I say an EPIC:

THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Tammy Craig said...

That's awesome, Dave. I'm so happy it went well for you. :) As long as the "Story Time with Dave" was, um, tame...lol...

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Talk about living a dream...that is so cool!