CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Remembering December

For those of you who don't know, over the past year or so I have developed a love for a little known Ontario band called Hawk Nelson. They're a punk band who encorporate girls, politics, and Christ into Rock-Awesome songs. Songs that penetrate my heart. One of their songs, From Underneath, slices deep into my heart. The part of the song that captures me every time goes, "I'm reaching out to take my Father's hand. Do you remember that cold day in December, leaving everything you knew behind?"

When we look at our relationship with Christ each of us can think back to our own personal " cold day in December". A time in our lives when God asked us to lay down our plans and venture out on the path he has for us. Like Abram we left everything familar behind to pursue what God has for us. We may have only had one "December Day" or we may have had multiple, with each "Day" calling us to a deeper or more sacrifical commitment. When I look back at my "December Day" and remember the things and pathes I left behind, there is both a peace and a thankfulness that accompanies those memories. Even though the path I have taken still isn't my ideal, I know it's a path the Lord has forged for me. The peace comes because I know I am in the Lord's will and the thankfulness comes from the knowledge I am not the man I was.

What memories do you have of your "December Day"s?

1 comments:

matthew said...

There's no comparison b/w God's way and my way. My way sucked. :)