CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 14, 2006

AN OT JC

This morning I was woken up out of a dead sleep at 5:45am. For those of you who have ever had the "pleasure" of sleeping in the same room as me you know this isn't the norm for me. It takes next to a natural disaster to get me WIDE awake and a whole lot of diligence to even budge me from my slumber otherwise.

I wasn't woken up by a natural disaster. I was woken up by God himself. When I woke up it wasn't a startled awake. It was a "I'm sleeping....I'm sleeping.....I'm awake. Absolutely no transition! So I did the logical thing, I went to the "lavatory" upon returning from my excursion, I laid down to go to sleep with, but to no avail.

After an hour of "discussion" I clued in God had woken me up for a reason. So I got up showered, grabbed a coffee and began to work on some youth things.

As it turns out if I had of gotten up as late as I was planning to I would have never been able to get every thing I wanted to have ready for our youth meeting that morning.


It reminded me of Samuel when he was laying in bed and the LORD kept calling him. While our relationship with God is dynamic, growing and changing as individuals and as his people, it's always cool when he reveals himself in some of the powerful ways of the Old Testament. Sure, I didn't hear an audible voice, but I do know who woke me up! Kinda throws a kink in those "that was Bible times, this is now" arguments.

0 comments: