CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Renewal

I have entered into the New Year with a great deal of joy. The Wesleyan Church is declaring this the year of the Bible and our church has begun working through the Bible. Now, me being the sly maverick, I have deviated from the reading plan and have begun my own. I'm reading books of the Bible I haven't given much attention to.

Historically, I've never really enjoyed reading the Bible, nothing against God, I just found it boring. I've prayed for my eyes to see what he has to say to me and I've prayed he would awaken me to his truth.

I've regularly read the Bible out of discipline, rather than enjoyment, then this year I began reading and I've begun enjoying it. I actually get excited about the Bible.
Being a Bible college graduate, I know that's suppose to happen instantously when I enroll, but I'm a little on the slow side, so give me a break.

This is the excitement of my New Year. What has everyone else's been like?

1 comments:

matthew said...

I have just been hitting refresh at this page for 11 days