CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Rich Mullins' Award

This last weekend the local Christian radio station had a tribute to Rich Mullins, a man who seemed to be an icon of Christ, in reference to simplicity. This blog also comes from some introspection and conviction, which showed over the last while I've been pretty Dave-o-centric. As a result, I've decide to use this week's blog to recognize three guys I met at Bethany who are neither ego-centric or materialistic.

Living in a dorm you get to see the sides of people you wouldn't see in the cafeteria, chapel, or classroom. You see how guys react when their clothes' soap is used without permission (ie. purple Kool-Aid), when the guys won't give up the TV for Smash Brothers, or the Geeks...I mean guys, won't give up Nintendo for the Playoffs. It's during these times when it seemed no one was watching that these guys' lifestyles and hearts seemed to reflect the same spirit as Rich Mullins.

Now in Rich Mullins' simplicity of life he most likely wouldn't have seen any need for an award or any recognition. He would have felt these guys are just living the way they are suppose to be and I'm sure these guys would feel the same way as Rich. The rest of us aren't quite as free from the materialism or self promotion, which is why they're getting the award and we're not. While these guys would probably blush and insist I was making a big deal over nothing, to the best of my knowledge none of them read my blog, so let's keep this our little secret.

The 3 guys I would say are deserving of the Rich Mullins' Award are:

Jason Major (Duffy Moon)
Dusty Crozier
Donnie MacDougal



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your 3 selections...I would definitely never receive the award because i'm one of the selfish prigs who put Kool Aid in my laundry soap (and I still think it's an ingenius idea) and got upset when the Geeks wanted to TV for 14th hour that day...I more often, as you stated it, full of self-promotion and so on.
So once again--good selections. I miss all three of those guys and wish to hold them.

Dancin' said...

I agree the Kool Aid is an ingenius idea, I'm actually jealous that I didn't think of it first. I've also been dangerously close to taking the geeks into the weight room & beating them with the few weights we had.

Aaron Perry said...

i definitely agree with the three selections. good thinking.

matthew said...

Dave, if you want your blog to get ***'s on my site when you update (it'd make me happy) then you have to change the following setting

1. settings
2. basic tab
3. add blog to our listings
4. switch 'no' to 'yes'

Dancin' said...

Matthew, you better be tryin' 2 help and not be tryin' 2 spam my site. For if it's the latter I will ravage ur blog with randomness, which isn't much different then what I do now. It just sounds worst.

matthew said...

What's worse...spam or not having little ***'s next to your name on my site when you update?!?!