CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Davidical Musicological Deali-O

Emo Evolution
A few of my teens talk about being emo. For those who don't know, "Emo" is a gendre of music that has also developed into a teen trend. When artists like Dashboard Confessional started paving the way for emo music, I don't think he intended on it becoming another arm of teen culture. I think he just had emotionally expressive music that didn't fit into the current music box. However, people have taken what started as music and injected it into every area of culture, until it evolved into this mutanous thing.
As I obsvere teens that are emo. I see the trend of emo being a "happy goth". Emo teens, who are guys, tend to wear eye-liner and fingernail polish, just like goths tend to. The clothing appears to be similar . The only difference I've seen are emo teens are allowed to be happy, whereas goths have to be more somber and depresed. The funny thing is emos tend to gravitate toward negative emotions, perhaps because they are easier to express and distinctive. In a time in our lives when we struggle to discover our identity being distinct is better than gold. Because negative emotions tend to be more plentiful in the subculture would seem to be the reason emo teens & goth teens appear to have the same style of wardrobe. Also, We're gonna notice the attire of an emo teen who expresses themself in dominant black colors over and emo teen who uses...say...neutral earth colors, which would mean there are probably emo teens who we don't even realize are emo.

R&B Confession
I have a dark history of secretly indulging in bands and artists that would not carry the most credibility with mainstream music fans. In the past I have been a fan of The Moffatts, I actually went to 1 of their concerts. I was a Britney, Christina, & Jessica fan before the were considered women of ill repute. I've always loved the '80s and finally lately I have become a fan of R & B music. I really have nothing to say in my defence. I like it.

0 comments: