CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 05, 2006

Emotional Roller Coaster

Today, I have gone through a range of emotions. I'm finishing up the Poser book and as I read the book I began to struggle with a few things. I got really angry at the regulations imposed by the church and how we seem to set standards for receiving and maintaining salvation, that I would say are contrary to scripture.

Then I found myself irritated at myself because I tend to ascribe value and worth to people like their items I would buy or sell. "You're worth this much time!", "Don't bother me, I've got better things to do!", and "Oh no, they're coming my way!" are all thoughts I could have any given day.

At youth I became passioante as I talked to the teens about the "fellowship" (kind of ironic) we are intended to have with each other, God, and ourselves. The passion continued as I talked with someone I've come to call Barnabus, and a dear friend. We talked about personal holiness and the regulations of the church. While I was able to voice my frustration, I was also able to share my passion.

I went home tonight encouraged. Not because of what I had shared, but because Barnabus had brought out a passion I wasn't sure still existed. He silenced thoughts of doubt that nagged my heart.

0 comments: