CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 22, 2006

Homesick

I just got back from spending the weekend with an old college roommate, Anton. We spent our last full year of Bethany together. Over that year we became more than rommates; we became "roommies". "Rommies" are roommates who do more than co-exist; they become good friends. During our year together we shared hurts and struggles and Anton's listening and offering advice helped me through that year. There were many times just seeing Anton come back from the TP (dorm) Chapel with his bible encourage me to get my butt in gear with my devotions. I don't think he has any idea how much he encouraged me.

Anton and I lost contact over the past few years, which meant I missed his wedding. Thankfully, over the past year we got back in contact and this weekend it was like we hadn't missed a day.

I had so much fun hanging out with him and his wife (Marilee is super fun) I wanted to move up there or get them to move down here. Then I realized if I did, or they did, I still would have friends who live far away and then I'd wanna move near them. Then I thought well everyone could move to me ( I am the center of the universe). Then I realized all the friends they would give up.

Some of my closest friends and how far they live away started to come to mind and I actually Googled the distances. So to give you an idea, here's a list of their approximate distances from me. If you don't appear on the list, I still love you.

Cummings- Aumsville, Oregon (6 000 kms)
Hancocks- Martins Creek, Virginia (1 800 kms)
AP- Johnson City, New York ( 1 200 kms)
Carters- Tidnish, Nova Scotia (220 kms)
Andy- Saint John, New Brunswick (20 kms)


Thinking about the restraints of time and space made me homesick for heaven. Not that I want to die or anyone else to. I'm just eager to be able to have true fellowship with friends who live so far away. I'm excited to know I won't have to jump a plane or drive down the Trans-Canada to see my friends. We will all live in the same metaphysical House. It'll be a big big house with lots and lots of rooms. With a big big yard where we can play football (believe me, there will be football in heaven).

I could go on, but y'al are probably tired of reading.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Football. *chuckling to self* Great memories of watching you play football. I miss you, Dave!