CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Faithful in the Everyday

This weekend I was looking for my keys, After I spent about 20 minutes looking for them, I quietly breathed these words, "God, please show me where my keys are". Two minutes later I lifted up a towel and there were my keys. Then the other day I was looking for my belt, so I again prayed, "God, show me where my belt is". Twenty seconds later, I see my belt laying on the other side of my laundry basket.

Back in high school I got in the habit of stopping for a moment when I can't find something and praying for God to show it to me. I'm not sure which pastor suggested this, but I know the idea didn't come from me. Over the years I have continued to do this, whether it was a piece of paper, my wallet, keys, or even socks, and every time without fail I have found whatever it was I was looking for within 5 minutes of asking.

I think it's amazing how God shows himself faithful in the little things. If this was a one shot deal I could credit it all to coincidence, but it's every time. There might have been 4 times that it went over 5 minutes, but I still found what I was looking for. Maybe it's psychosomatic, but I doubt I'm able to move objects with my mind to place them where I can find them. I tend to think it's more logical to believe an all knowing, loving and personal God cares about me enough that he leads me to look in certain places and prompts me to move certain objects because he cares about even the little things in my life.

3 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

why doesn't God keep you from losing stuff in the first place?

Dancin' said...

Maybe he allows me to lose stuff so I'm aware of his faitfulness. You're best bet is to ask him;).

Dancin' said...

I don't know the Bosley story....